- Rolf Toman (editor), Achim Bednorz (photographer)
- Christian art and architecture from the early beginnings to the present day
Format: 288 × 438 mm
Cover: hardcover with motive and additional gold color, clear PET dust jacket
Languages published: CZ, D, E, F, GB, I, P, SK
"For anyone whose travels include stops to look at sacred art, 'Ars Sacra' will be a godsend." Wall Street Journal
Press flyer: Ars Sacra (pdf) ›
- ISBN: 978-3-8331-5140-8 (GB)
Christianity is the most widespread religion in the world. Ars Sacra pays the due tribute to its art and architecture. As an opulent feast of the senses, this glorious tome impresses with the detail views specifically fitted for the format. The viewer comes within grasp of the displayed objects, often even closer than in reality, and can leisurely indulge in the details. Excellently researched texts take the reader on a tour through the epochs and highlight the specific changes in the sacral art, architecture, and culture. Ars Sacra as the standard work is all in one: fascinating glorious tome, comprehensive compendium, and substantial textbook.
The editor Rolf Toman could win experts such as Dr. Uwe Geese, Dr. Barbara Borngässer, Prof. Dr. Bruno Klein, Prof. Dr, Rainer Warland, Prof. Dr. Harald Wolter-von dem Knesebeck, Prof. Dr. Bruno Boerner, and Dr. Maria-Christina Boerner for this standard work. Achim Bednorz is a photographer specialized in architecture and art, who has successfully released several publications in this area, some with h.f.ullmann.
watch video: Ars Sacra - The Making of... ›
watch video: Rolf Toman about Ars Sacra ›
• Over 1700 years of Christian art: from early Christianity to the present day
• Abundant illustration, high quality photographies
• Substantial overview about the individual epochs
• Excurses on special topics
• Extensive glossary
Related booksNo item has been found for this category. Choose another subcategory.
You might also be interested in
- Rolf Toman (editor), Achim Bednorz (photographer), Barbara Borngässer (author)
- Theatrum Mundi. The World as a Work of Art.
- Rolf Toman (editor), Achim Bednorz (photographer), Bruno Klein (author)
- Visual Art of the Middle Ages. 1140 - 1500